Wednesday, January 07, 2009

You're It!

So, my friend Jay tagged me recently, and I completely missed it until now. The idea pf tagging someone's blog is that you are supposed to link to them and "spread the word" so eventually we will all read everyone else's blog and will no longer need to talk to anyone, which will be fantastic.

Seriously, the rules of this game of tag go like this:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs
  4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Simple, right? Sure, except I don't read 7 blogs that I could link to, or anyone else who would bother going to read them even if I did (my friends are a rather unaffected and lazy lot). Also, the idea of sharing 7 random facts about myself disturbs me. For one, I pride myself on speaking my mind a good part of the time, so for me to come out with 7 new, random things seems like I will have to dig deep, which, I suppose, is one of the points (It's a learning experience. Awww.), but it still bugs me out. BUT, I am a writer and so will do the best I can.

Ahem...

#1. I am not a big fan of red meat. It may be the blood, or the sordid-ness of killing a furry animal, but I have no problem eating chickens, because they are so weird-looking (and tasty!). However, I love bacon, pepperoni and hot-dogs, so you figure it out.

#2. I am not nearly as angry at the world as I appear to be. In fact, I am kind of a happy person. I am, however, very opinionated. People seem to get confused.

#3. I can not eat dinner in my apartment without watching something on TV, but I have to have it picked out before I start eating. I can't eat and channel-surf at the same time. In fact...

#4. I rarely channel-surf at all. I am not a fan. If I don't know what I want to watch on TV, then I can probably be doing better things.

#5. I feel religions are bad. All of them. We should all believe in whatever we want, but religion has been the cause of more needless wars and deaths than anything else I can think of. They should all be abolished.

#6. The Internets have given everyone (especially me) license to think they are more important than they are. Go read some facebook status messages and tell me I'm wrong.

#7. Most of the things I spend my life bemoaning (movies, comics, marriage), I actually really like. I just have high-standards for them. I don't see this as a problem. Why settle, right?

I guess that's about it. Let me see if I can come up with a few blogs to tag:

The Ed Zone (mentioned in a couple other posts)

Teacher Trenches (A shout out to my brother)

Indecision Time (My friend Mike, who I think just uses this to tell everyone what he played on his radio show. But at least it's a plug, right?)

Well, to be continued, I guess... Unless I can't come up with anymore. hey, I've written two posts today. I need some rest.

No comments: