Thursday, April 17, 2008

Girls in their Summer Clothes....

... Pass me by.  And if you didn't recognize one of my new favorite Bruce songs, click on that iTunes link up there or just buy Magic here, because it's fucking awesome.

Anyway, I chose that title because this is my favorite time of the year to live in the city and from now until probably late September (thanks to Global Warming), it'll be nice to walk around the city and see the young students in their summer clothes, even if they are passing me by (some of them at least smile at me.)

So, anyway, John and I were planning to attend the vaunted San Diego Comic-con this July as we did last year.  The problem is last year we decided in February that we wanted to do this, and booked accordingly.  This year, we discovered that, while about 50,000 people go to this convention, there are only about 9,000 hotel rooms in the area, so we have no place to stay.  To that end (and in an attempt to make up for my horrible planning of last year's trip), I called my aunt who lives out there.  Mind you, I haven't talked to her in about five years, but I wouldn't ask if I didn't think she was a nice enough person to allow us to crash at her place for a weekend.

Anyway, I spent all afternoon carefully wording a letter to her just to tell her what dates we would be out there.  That's what happens when you don't talk to your family for years.  If she lets us stay there for a couple days, it'll all be worth it.  We shall see...

No comments: