Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nose Job

Today, I had a really long tube up my nose. I think it tapped my brain. Seriously, I had no idea how much room was up there. I kept thinking about that episode of The Simpsons when Homer removed the crayon he had stuck up his nose and became smart. Or something. I can't really remember. Maybe it's the tube.

Anyway, it was determined that I have a deviated septum, which basically means my nose is crooked. Now, I need a CAT scan to determine if anything else is awry up there and from there, doctors can figure out a course of action, most likely a nose job. Hey, it worked for Jennifer Anniston.

I'm trying to figure all this out. On the one hand, I've always had trouble breathing out of my nose and people always ask if I have a cold when I don't because my voice has always been weird and nasal-y. On the other hand, this seems like a lot of time and energy spent on a nose. To my knowledge, I don't snore (And who would care if I did?) and I've managed 33 years this way, so why should I bother? I suppose there are reasons. I don't want to be referred to as a mouth-breather, for one. Also, I think that always breathing through your mouth at night can cause dry-mouth and be bad for your gums. And maybe it will be better for the podcast if I don't sound like someone is constantly squeezing my nose. John said it changed his life.

God knows, I could use some change.

No comments: